Solar panels are in it for the long haul. There are no digital processors, no delicate motherboards, no flywheels, no pumps and no fans. There are very few moving parts that can break or wear out, and as a result the require almost no maintenance. The components of the panel are durable and include a glass-protected solar cell that captures sunlight. A solar panel sits in one place and absorbs the sun.
Articles in this section
- What are the maintenance and service costs for solar?
- How does solar perform in high wind areas?
- Is it true that solar panels produce more on winter days? Why?
- Should I remove snow from my solar panels?`
- What is net-metering and does Alaska have it?
- How well does solar perform in Alaska?
- What is the solar tax credit?
- How long do solar systems last?
- What is the maintenance required for solar panels?
- How does solar energy work?